|Wooded areas, as well as disturbed habitats.
The flowers have petals greenish to whitish,
recurved when aged and surround prominent
bright yellow anthers.
The berry is mostly 6 to 8 mm in diam, dull black or
30 - 120 cms.
Poisoning symptoms are typically delayed for 6 to 12
hours after ingestion. Initial symptoms of toxicity include
fever, sweating, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea,
confusion, and drowsiness. Death from ingesting large
amounts of the plant results from cardiac arrhythmias
and respiratory failure.
Livestock have also been poisoned from nitrate toxicity
by grazing the leaves.